Edgecombe County Solid Waste Department Permit Policy
Starting January 1, 2020, residents will be required to show a permit to be able to use one of our solid waste convenience sites. County residents in the unincorporated areas, as well as those in the Town of Leggett, who have paid their annual solid waste fee, will receive permits. The purpose is to have a more efficient way to determine who is eligible to use the County’s convenience sites.
Questions and Answers
When will this policy take effect?
Trò chơi bùng nổ câu lạc bộ- The policy will take effect January 1 2020, which is a holiday. When the convenient sites reopen on January 2, citizens will be required to provide a permit to take trash to the convenient sites.
When will permits be mailed to citizens?
- Permits will be mailed out by the end of November to ensure all citizens have time to receive their permits and contact our Solid Waste Department if they have not received them.
Why is the Town of Leggett included with the unincorporated areas of the County?
- The Town of Leggett does not provide solid waste pickup for its citizens, but instead has chosen to participate with the County. Therefore, Leggett citizens are billed with their property taxes the same solid waste fee as citizens in the unincorporated area.
What will the permit look like?
Trò chơi bùng nổ câu lạc bộ- The permit will be a 3-inch x 7.5 inch hanging placard for the citizen’s rearview mirror.
What is the expiration date for the permit?
Trò chơi bùng nổ câu lạc bộ- The permit will be valid for 2 years. (January 1 2022)
Who will receive a permit?
Trò chơi bùng nổ câu lạc bộ- Residents living in the unincorporated areas of Edgecombe County as well as residents of the town of Leggett who own a property with a residential dwelling. Edgecombe County Solid Waste fee for 2019 and previous years must also be paid before a permit will be issued
How many permits will residents receive?
Trò chơi bùng nổ câu lạc bộ- Each qualifying property will receive 2 permits
Can a citizen receive a replacement permit?
- Yes, a replacement permit can be purchased for $10.00
Can citizens living in incorporated areas purchase a permit?
- Residents living in the incorporated areas of Edgecombe County (not including the Town of Leggett) may obtain a (1) permit placard by paying the Solid Waste fee(s) through the Solid Waste Department office.
What happens if a citizen buys a home after January 1?
Trò chơi bùng nổ câu lạc bộ- Citizens moving into a dwelling that is current on payment of Edgecombe County Solid Waste fee(s) should work with the previous owner to obtain the permit placards. If this cannot be accommodated citizens may obtain two replacement permit placards at $10.00 each through the Solid Waste Department office but must provide proof of dwelling ownership, and the property must be current on payment of Edgecombe County Solid Waste fee(s).
What if a citizen builds a home after January 1?
- Citizens moving into a newly constructed dwelling after January 1 may obtain a Solid Waste permit placards through the Waste Management office by paying a pro-rated amount of the Edgecombe County Solid Waste fee(s) for the remainder of the calendar year.
What if a citizen rents a home?
- Citizens who are tenants moving into a rented dwelling in the unincorporated areas of Edgecombe County (including the town of Leggett) should work with the owner (Landlord) to obtain the permit placards. If this cannot be accommodated, Citizens who are tenants moving into a rented dwelling in the unincorporated areas of Edgecombe County (including the town of Leggett) may obtain two replacement permit placards at $10.00 each through the Solid Waste Department office but must provide proof of residency in the form of a lease agreement or utility bill.
For more information, contact William Johnson, Assistant County Manager at
(252) 641-5775 or firstname.lastname@example.org